September 18, 2005

Toluca (Mexico), 18.09.05


Photoset Show

GPS Cycling Data:
Distance: 56.3 Km, Ascent: 940 m, Time: 2:36 hr, Avg. Speed: 21.5 Km/hr, Max. Speed: 71.4 Km/hr.

Travel Report:


This ride started in the western Metro terminal Observatorio. I ascended later by Reforma, and Santa Fe, up to the junction to the paid highway to Toluca. I took it, having to make a bypass at the toll collect station of La Venta. As there I was not allowed to cross the station by bike, I had to take momentarily the free highway, re-incorporating 200 m later to the paid highway :-)

After arriving at the summit (elev: 3200 m), I descended all the way to La Marquesa, and later to Lerma. After Lerma, I took the Tollocan Boulevard, which took me direct to the Tolo god monument, in the heart of Toluca. From here I headed to the center of this capital city of Toluca.

I visited its beautiful main Plaza, Cathedral, State Government Palace, and also its Portales. The photos of these stunning buildings can be seen in the photoset.

Meanwhile, my wife, who had travelled independently (not by bike), also visited the nearby Calixtlahuaca Archaeological Site. Her photographs of this beautiful and interesting archaeological site, along with my pictures of the cycling ride to Toluca can be seen at the following photoset.

Thank you for reading. Till the next travel.

No comments: